PDFlib TET Plugin Usage
TET plugin helps to get the exact position of existing text to create the PDFLIB block plugin. In PDF Blocks, the below points are of utmost importance to remember during block creation.
- For text line blocks, the default value of the position is 0. (the content will start on the lower-left corner of the block)
- The lower border of the block is the baseline of the text. Therefore, glyphs with descenders might be "drawn" partially out of the block.
Follow the below steps to create PDF Block Template using the PDFLib TET Plugin -
To get started, download and install the plugin from - http://www.pdflib.com/download/free-software/tet-plugin/
To set up the TET Plugin configuration, on the menu-bar go to Plug-Ins > PDFlib TET Plugin > TET Plugin configuration:
In the TET Plugin Configuration pop-up:
- Select Output as TETML
- Select Text granularity as wordplus
Now, enable the ‘For Output Coordinates in TETML’ from the Plug-Ins >> PDFLib TET Plugin >> Top-down Coordinate System >> For output coordinate in TETML:
Enable the following options from PDFLib Blocks Menu:
- PDFLib Block Tool
- Click Object to define Block
- Detect Underlying Font and Color
Now, to select the area to create a block go to, PDFLib TET Plugin and click TET Tool.
- Select the area in which you want to create a block. Right-click on the selected area and click on the ‘TET Copy’ Option:
- Now, paste the copied text in NOTEPAD++. In the text pasted, find the <Box> HTML Tag coming immediately after the FIRST <Para> tag.
- Consider an example - <Box llx=“10.20” lly=“76.95” urx=“62.58” ury=“65.95”>. You will need to convert this into Block Rectangle String in the following manner – 10.20 76.95 62.58 65.95
Enable ‘TET Tool’ from PDFLib TET Plugin in the Menu Bar.
Now, select the block again, and then enter the Block Rectangle String in the Rect box as shown below –
When you now run the preview, you will see the red text overlapping the black completely. For your comfort, it is advisable to attach the sample file with the block, so you can preview it quickly.
Similarly, you can create other blocks using the TET Plugin. For any query, you can contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org