A fast, secure, and convenient way for users to login into your application. Facebook login makes it easy for your apps to ask for permission to access data. Facebook login improves login rates and gives an enhanced customer experience.
Note: The Facebook login feature works only for the SSL verified websites. If your website does not holds a SSL Certificate, then it is recommended to get the SSL certification.
Read the below systematic guide to integrate Facebook Login in your OnPrintShop website.
- Login to your Facebook account with your Email ID and Password.
- Else, create a new account on Facebook. (You will need a Developer's account.)
- Visit the Facebook Developer's site.
- Create a New App, using the Create App button:
- The Create an App screen will appear:
- Select the None option on “Select an app type” pop-up and click on the Next button.
- This will take you to the Provide basic information page:
- Enter the Display Name and Contact Email.
- Select the Business Account, if you have any.
- Complete the security check and click on the Create App to continue.
- On your App Dashboard, you need to select a Product to add to your application:
- From the above screen, choose to Facebook Login and click on the Set Up button.
- Next, select the platform as Web:
- Now enter your website URL:
- Click on the Save then on the Continue button.
- Submit the further setup process.
- From the left side bar, navigate to the Facebook Login >> Settings:
- Enter the link for your user registration page in Valid OAuth redirect URLs as - http://www.yourwebsite.com/user_registration.php
- Click on the Save Changes.
- Go to the Settings >> Basic:
- In App Domain URL, enter your website link.
- In Terms of Services URL, add the link as - http://www.yourwebsite.com/terms_of_use.html
- In the User Data Deletion, keep the selection as it is and add the URL of your Domain in the below space.
- Upload app icon.
Note: The links shown above are just for example. Enter all the links related to your store else, you will get an error in the configuration.
- Select the business use of the Facebook tool as – Support my own business.
- The next section is the Data Protection Officer Contact Information. Fill in the form.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Copy your App ID and Secret Key from the Settings >> Basics:
- Use the App ID and Secret to integrate the Facebook Login functionality.
- Follow the further steps.
- Navigate to the Admin >> Store Configuration >> External Service Settings >> Social Sharing Tab >> Facebook >> ‘Action’ dropdown >> ‘Edit’ option:
- Enter the saved App ID and Application Secret Key.
- Enable the Login Status and Sharing Status.
- Save the details.
- After entering the App ID and Secret Key, the Facebook login functionality will start working. A user will be able to login to your store through Facebook: