Setup Google re-CAPTCHA
Beware of bots!!
The Google reCAPTCHA verifies your website visitors that it is a human and protects your store from bots.
Choosing a type of reCAPTCHA – There are two types of reCAPTCHA to choose from when creating a new site.
- reCAPTCHA v3 – reCaptcha v3 is transparent for website visitors. There are no challenges to solve. Instead, reCaptcha v3 continuously monitors the visitor’s behaviour to determine whether it’s a human or a bot. For each request the user makes, reCaptcha v3 returns a score between 0 and 1 that represents how likely it is that the request originated from a bot. Close to 0: sorry, you’re a bot. Close to 1: congrats, you’re a human.
- reCAPTCHA v2 - If a website visitor’s behaviour triggers suspicion, reCaptcha v2 will serve a challenge that the visitor must solve to prove they’re human. Sometimes, all they have to do is check a box that says “I’m not a robot”. Other times, the reCaptcha will challenge you with an image or audio recognition task. There are three options available for reCaptcha v2 –
- I’m not a robot checkbox – The "I'm not a robot" Checkbox requires the user to click a checkbox indicating the user is not a robot.
- Invisible reCAPTCHA badge – The invisible reCAPTCHA badge does not require the user to click on a checkbox, instead, it is invoked directly and only the most suspicious traffic will be prompted to solve a captcha.
- reCAPTCHA Android – This validates requests on your Android App. This will either pass the user through immediately (without a CAPTCHA prompt) or challenge them to validate whether they are human.
We offer both reCaptcha v3 and v2 integration services. You can integrate any on your print website as per your requirements to keep away the bots.
Read the below a systematic guide to integrate Google reCAPTCHA on your website.
- Go to the Google reCAPTCHA admin.
- Log in with your Google Account or create a new Google Account.
- On your Google Captcha dashboard click on the “+” icon to add a new website.
- This will take you to the Register a new site page:
- Enter the Label name.
- Choose the type of reCAPTCHA as reCAPTCHA v3 or reCAPTCHA v2.
- In case of v2, select appropriate option.
- Enter your contact email. (System will already detect your Google ID)
- Enter your domain name.
- Check the box against the Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
Note: The v3 Google re-CAPTCHA will expire after 2 minutes. On all the pages that are protected by v3 re-CAPTCHA, make sure to submit the form within this timeframe else you’ll have to fill the form again and submit.
- The Submit button will redirect you to your Site Key and Secret Key.
- Copy and save the Site Key and Secret Key to integrate into the Admin Panel as shown in the next step.
For the configuration in the admin panel, go to the Admin Panel > Store Configurations > External Service Settings > Social Sharing > Captcha > ‘Action’ Menu > ‘Edit’ Option:
- Select Google reCAPTCHA version as v2 or v3 as configured in Step – 2.
- From the Display Captcha drop-down, select the instances where the captcha should be displayed i.e. Front End, Admin Panel, Both, or None.
- Paste the Site key and Secret key.
- Save the changes made.
As soon as you save the site key and secret key, your customers will be asked to verify themselves as human beings on configured instances as shown below.
reCAPTCHA v2 ("I'm not a robot" Checkbox) at the Registration Page:
reCAPTCHA v3 at the Registration page: