This third-party API is exclusively for the United States Market. TaxCloud is the internet USA's only sales tax compliance service, which we help you integrate as a third-party service in OnPrintShop.
Read the below systematic guide to integrate TaxCloud API with your OnPrintShop website.
- Visit the TaxCloud website and click on the Get Started button. The Registration page will appear:
- Fill in the required information to complete the registration process.
- You can also register via Google.
- After successful registration and verification, configure your website to avail the features of TaxCloud. Go to the TaxCloud Dashboard >> Settings (Left Sidebar) >> Stores:
- Click on the +Add button:
- Select the Store Type as the "Other" from the drop-down.
- Enter the name of your store under the Store Name field.
- Enter the URL of your store under the field Store URL.
- Specify the default Tax Identification Code.
- Click on the Add button to complete adding the store details.
Once the website is added, the API key and Login ID are displayed with the Store details:
- Copy and save the Key and Login ID details at a secure place.
There is a need to enable automated Compliance to handle all of the sales tax compliance and obligations, including the calculation. To enable this, navigate to the Profile >> Account:
- Locate the Service Plan and click on the edit icon to enable the Automated Compliance:
- Click on the ADD ENHANCED SERVICES button, give the confirmation in the pop-up opened and follow the on-screen instructions.
To configure TaxCloud with your website, go to the Admin Panel >> Store Configurations >> External Service Settings >> ‘Tax API’ Tab >> TaxCloud Option>> ‘Action’ drop-down >> ‘Edit’ Option:
- Enter the saved API ID and API Key in the fields.
- For entering the value in the TIC field, refer to https://taxcloud.net/tic/ and enter the desired TIC number.
- Enter the correct origin address.
- Save the details and continue.