Mailchimp Ecommerce Integration
With Mailchimp Ecommerce seamlessly integrates your OnPrintShop e-commerce platform or point-of-sale system so you can add products in one click, target campaigns based on purchase history, and learn more about what’s driving sales.
Read the below systematic guide to integrate Mailchimp Ecommerce and Mailchimp Abandon Cart Email with your OnPrintShop website.
- Activate your Mailchimp account by verifying your Mail ID.
- Complete further login steps by filling in basic business details.
Get the API Key
For Mailchimp eCommerce integration the next thing to do is to get the API Key. To get the API key, go to your Account >> Profile located at the bottom of the left-side panel:
On the Profile screen, click on the Extras drop-down and select the API Keys option:
On the API Keys screen, scroll down to the Your API Keys section. If you dont't have any existing API Key then, click on the Create a Key button:
As soon as you click on the Create A Key button, an API Key will be generated or if you already have an API Key the below screen will be displayed:
Copy and save the API Key from here.
Get the Audience ID
To get the Audience ID, from the left hand side panel go to the Audience >> All Contacts:
On the Audience dashboard, click on the Settings drop-down and select ‘Audience name and defaults’:
On the Audience name and defaults page, locate the Audience ID section and copy and save the highlighted ID:
After getting the API Key and Audience ID, the next step is the integration of Mailchimp eCommerce into the OPS Admin Panel.
For this, go to the Admin >> Store Configuration >> External Service Setting >> Others tab >> Mailchimp Ecommerce Automation:
- Click on the Edit icon for the configuration:
- Here, enter the API key and the Audience ID.
- Enter the eCommerce store name and click on the Save button.
- Clicking on the Save button will give you an option where you can enable Customer Automation, Order Automation, Cart Automation, and Debug Mode:
Note: Once we configure this setting only after that customer and order will sync in Mailchimp.
- Customer Automation – Select the user type for which you want to sync data in mailChimp - All Default Stores or All Stores or specific store.
- Exclude User Group – Select the user group whose data should not be synced with Mailchimp System.
- Order Automation – Check YES if you want to sync Order details for the selected user type. We recommend you enable this feature to enable the system to sync users and orders at the same time together which reduces the chances of any discrepancy.
- Cart Automation – When customers leave items in their shopping cart, encourage them to complete their purchase with a custom email that includes product links or special offers. Check YES if you want to sync user cart details for the selected user type.
Note: If in Customer Notification Automation user type is not selected then the configurations made for Order and Cart Notification Automation will not work.
Abandon cart email and email series is an astounding feature of Mailchimp. After you enable the Cart Automation from the previous step you’ll now need to create email templates for the same.
When a customer puts an item in their shopping cart but doesn’t buy it, you may want to follow up to remind them what they left behind. After you set up an abandoned cart email, we'll automatically send a sequence of emails to encourage your customers to come back and complete their purchase.
To learn how to send a single follow-up email to customers who abandoned a shopping cart, check out Create an Abandoned Cart Email.
At later stages, you can even create a series for it. This will allow you to send automatically a series of emails at a given period to the Customers who leave items in their shopping cart.
To learn how to create an abandoned cart follow-up email series check out Create an Abandoned Cart Series.
Mailchimp's automation feature helps you streamline your communications and makes sure your contacts get the right emails at the right time. Choose from pre-set automation with defined triggers and timelines, or fully customize your messages.
To create automation check out How to Create an Automation