GST is an Indirect Tax, which has replaced many Indirect Taxes in India. This indirect tax made India the unified market. There are three taxes applicable under this system: CGST, SGST & IGST.
- CGST: Collected by the Central Government on an intra-state sale. (E.g. transaction happening within Gujarat)
- SGST: Collected by the State Government on an intra-state sale. (e.g. Transaction happening within Gujarat)
- IGST: Collected by the Central Government for inter-state sale. (e.g. Gujarat to Tamil Nadu)
GST reduces the overall tax burden from the end customer. Thus, it is highly recommended by OnPrintShop for Indian Default Stores to integrate GST Taxation into their web store.
Follow the below systematic steps to integrate GST into your OnPrintShop store –
- Connect with OnPrintShop technical team or mail us to email@example.com to install the plugin into your web store.
To enable the GST in your Admin Panel, go to the Store Configuration >> External Service Settings >> Tax API Tab >> GST >> Enable the Option:
For setting the Seller location, go to the Admin Panel >> Store Configuration >> External Service Settings >> Tax API Tab >> GST >> ‘Action’ Dropdown >> ‘Edit’ Option:
- In the Settings section, select the ‘Seller Location’.
- All the GST calculations are made while considering your location. The selected state is considered your home state.
HSN means Harmonized System of Nomenclature code used for classifying the goods under the GST, Goods, and Service Tax. To add the code, follow the below steps-
- Go to the Admin Panel >> Store Configuration >> External Service Settings >> Tax API Tab >> GST >> ‘Action’ Dropdown >> ‘Edit’ Option:
- In the Help Section, click on the Manage HSN Numbers.
- Enter the HSN numbers for all the Standard Products (offered in the catalog) and Custom Products (Specially requested by customers) for each product name on the screen and save.
You can import HSB number from an excel file. To do so, go to the Admin Panel >> Store Configuration >> External Service Settings >> Tax API Tab >> GST >> ‘Action’ Dropdown >> ‘Edit’ Option:
- In the Help Section, click on the Import HNS Numbers.
- From the Import Product HSN Numbers page, download the template file.
- Fill up the data in the file and save the details. It is recommended to fill the mandatory rows.
- Once the data have been entered in the file, upload the file.
- The screen will now redirect you to the Manage HSN Numbers screen, which will have all the imported HSN numbers against the respective products.
To select the Tax calculation criteria, go to the Admin >> Store Configuration >> Site Settings >> search ‘Tax Calculation based on’ >> Select ‘Flat-0’ from drop-down:
To add Tax go to the Admin Panel >> Store Configuration >> Tax/VAT Settings >> Add Button:
- Select the desired tax from the Tax Type drop-down.
- Enter the Tax Rate in percentage.
- Toggle the checkbox for Calculate on Shipping Price? if you want to apply the tax on subtotal as well as on shipping price.
- Save the Tax.
- Repeat the above steps for all types of Taxes.
To set product wise GST, go to the Admin Panel >> Products >> Products Tax/VAT Settings:
- Select the desired Tax from the Tax drop-down beside the search text box. (You can enter the tax rate of only one tax at a time, for other tax select that tax and then, enter the tax rate)
- Now, go to the desired product and select Specific Tax from the Tax Rate Type column drop-down:
- A text box will appear next to it, enter the Tax percentage in it.
- Save the changes.
At the front store as per the set logic if a sale is made in the same state as the seller's location then, CGST and SGST will be charged. If the sale is made in a different state then, only IGST will be charged according to the tax rate defined in the system. The system will check first for a specific product-wise tax and if that is not configured then only the system will take the Global Tax Rate defined.