Auto Address Search Service
The Google auto address search service, suggests several addresses i.e. when a customer/user starts typing address, autocomplete /auto-suggest will fill the rest.
The Address fields system will give auto-suggestion for the fields using the Google APIs, just like the way the browser gives suggestions to fill in details. However, a customer will have the liberty to ignore the provided suggestion and enter their own address details.
This auto address search functionality will be available on User Registration Page, Guest Checkout Page, Shipping Address Page and manage Address on Cart section:
This article walks you through the steps to set up the Google Auto-Address Search Feature –
Visit Google's Developer Console and login with your Google Account. After a successful login, create a New Project from a CREATE PROJECT Button.
- Enter your Project Name and Location to create a New Project.
- You can also use an existing project rather than creating a new one.
After creating the project, the page will redirect you to your project dashboard. Click on the ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES button.
- Click on the Enable.
Similarly, enable the Places API:
To use the Places API, you must have an API key.
- For this click the menu button and navigate to APIs & Services >> Credentials:
- On the Credentials page, click on the + CREATE CREDENTIALS button and then select API key from the drop-down.
- The API Key will be generated in the pop-up. Click on the Close button.
To restrict the API key
- Click on the exclamation icon on the API Key (as shown in the picture):
- Click on the Save.
Admin can enable the setting from the Admin >> Store Configuration >> Shipping Method >> ‘Shipping Address Setting’ button (top right corner) >> Auto Address Search Service:
- Select that where Customer will get, the auto-suggestion option – it can be Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, Zip Code, Company Name.
- According to the select field, customers will get auto suggestions.