Setup Google Business Reviews
Get your Google Business Reviews right from your website! Integrate the Google business review application with your OnPrintShop website and allow your customers to write reviews right from your store.
Know more about Google Business Reviews from here.
Follow the below steps to configure Google Business review API with your OnPrintShop store.
- Go to Google's console and log in to your Google Account.
- After successful login, create a New Project from the ‘NEW PROJECT’ Button:
- Enter your project name and location to create a project.
- After creating a project Google Developers page will lead you to your project dashboard. Click on Go To APIs Overview.
- The APIs Overview button will redirect you to your project dashboard:
- Click on the +ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES button.
- Search Places API and enable it:
- To get your Places ID, go to -https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/places/web-service/place-id
- There you’ll find a Google Map:
- Search the Place ID for your business.
- Enter your business name and select it:
- Copy and save your Place ID.
To get the Google Maps Platform API Key, go to Credentials >> Configure Consent Screen:
This will take you to the OAuth consent screen:
- Select the User Type as – External and click on the CREATE button. This will start the ‘App Registration Process’. It is a four-step process:
- Fill up the consent screen, enter your Application Name, Application Logo, and User Support Email:
- Enter developer contact information. This email address is entirely for Google to notify you about the changes to your project:
- When finished click on the Save and Continue.
- In the steps following, click on save and continue and finish the app registration process.
To get the API key –
- Under API & Services, click Create Credentials and select API Key:
This will show you the API Key (as shown below):
Copy and save this API key.
To get the Request Review URL follow the below steps –
- Follow this link to create your Business Account - https://business.google.com/create
- To get the Request Review URL, scroll down the page and find the Get more reviews box:
- Click on Share Review Form button. The below Request reviews screen will appear:
- Copy and save the URL.
Now, to integrate Google Review Business into Admin Panel, go to Store Configuration >> External Service Setting >> Review Tab >> Google Business Review:
Here, paste the following entities –
- API Key – enter the API key saved in Step – 4
- Place ID – enter the Place ID saved in Step – 3
- Request Review URL – enter the URL saved in Step – 5
- Save the changes made.
At the front end, you’ll be able to see a Reviews floating button. Clicking this button will display all the Google Business Reviews for your website. Your customer can anytime click on the Write Review button, afterwards, they’ll be redirected to your Google Business Page. There, they can write a review for your business:
These Google Business Reviews will be displayed on the Product Info Pages too.